Photo Credit: facebook.com/colorwowhair
As a wavy-haired girl who’s usually trying to smooth out my locks, a crimper just isn’t part of my beauty arsonal, but after checking out images from Jenny Packham’s 2018 bridal collection, that might have to change and I have a feeling that in the not too distant future you’ll get on board with one yourself. Though highly textured hair is not expected to be an all-out trend until next year, if you want to get a jump start on what’s to come and be a leader instead of a follower this spring and summer you’ll want to start experimenting and stepping out now.
Lead Stylist and Color Wow Brand Ambassador Joseph Main, focused on texture, texture and more texture for the hairstyles for Jenny Packham’s 2018 bridal collection. He combined crimped hair with braids and dreads so all of the models’ dare-to-be-different hair had tons and tons of texture and personality.
Here, Joseph Main shares how he did this “risk-taking” hair so that you can recreate the look at home:
- First, we built a lot of texture with a micro-crimper, going in small sections all over the hair.
- Once the full head is crimped, make tiny dreads throughout the hair (approx. 4) by twisting the hair in small, 1” sections, spraying with NEW Color Wow Style on Steroids as you go. Once twisted, go over the twist with a flat iron to lock in the style and create a “dreadlock” effect.
- Next, create small braids throughout the hair (approx. 4) using the same technique of braiding, spraying and ironing. This process will also lock the strands in place without using elastic bands or clips.
- Now that the dreads and braids are dispersed throughout the hair, take random sections that are left and wrap them around a ¼” curling iron to create a softer wavy texture.
- Give hair another blast of Style on Steroids to lift the volume and give hair extra hold without the dryness or weight of traditional texturizing sprays.
- Finish hair with Color Wow Pop & Lock on the ends to add shine.
Color Wow Style on Steroids ($24) delivers lots of movement with long-lasting hold. Want tons of tousled, separated hair with mega volume? Then, flip your head upside-down and spray underneath before raking product through hair with fingers. Desire springier ringlets, swingier straight-styles or sexier waves? Spray hair section by section before heat styling with your curling iron, flat iron or other hot tool.
Color Wow Pop & Lock High Gloss Shellac ($18) boosts the health of your hair as 75% of it works inside your strands to restore elasticity and suppleness.The other 25% — the serum — forms a crystal clear, high-gloss sheath outside your strands to lock in lubricants and shine, shine, shine. Besides using it as a styler as mentioned above or during regular blow-drying and flat-ironing, you can also use it as a finishing step to tame frizz, flyaways and add incredible shine.
NOTE: Color Wow Style on Steroids and Color Wow Pop & Lock were sent for review. Opinions are my own.