If you still think of beauty oils as a sticky, unctuous, mess-in-the-making or something that will cause breakouts the moment they touch your skin, it’s time to take another look. The latest offerings blend everything from potent antioxidants to age-erasing essences and absorb quickly and easily to breathe new life into lackluster skin, hair, and nails. From pure oils to those that have added beauty benefits, there are loads of options to choose from so you’ll look your best all season long.
- BUILT-IN ANTIOXIDANT PROTECTION — High in antioxidants, they’ll give you added insurance against free radical damage.
- CALM & SOOTHE — They’re able to decrease inflammation and soothe sensitized skin. Use before and after exposure to harsh elements or treatments to prevent and lessen discomfort.
- SUPER-HYDRATING — Beauty oils can go deeper into the skin than typical moisturizers. They help prevent moisture loss and keep your skin hydrated and healthy-looking so it looks and acts younger.
- No need to ditch your favorite moisturizer or other products. Simply add a few drops of your oil to your go-to, to boost its hydration factor and help carry active ingredients deeper into the skin.
- Facial oils should be used after cleansing and toning and before your moisturizer or other facial product. A little goes a long way. Put a few drops on fingertips and gently press into skin.
- Makeup artists in the know apply oils to damp skin for a dewy, radiant finish.
John Paul Selects' Omega Rich Pure Marula Facial Oil ($78) has extremely high antioxidant protection plus fatty acids for prolonged hydration and easy absorption. It diminishes fine lines and wrinkles, can boost other facial products performance and even multitasks as a makeup primer.
BioElements All Things Pure Eye Oil ($38.50) is a blend of organic plant and essential oils. Use around eyes only or entire face. Formulated with Jojoba, Evening Primrose and Sunflower Seed Oils to soften and smooth, Sesame Seed Oil and Caprylic Triglyceride to moisturize, Tocopherol for antioxidant protection and pure essential oils to calm and soothe.
Kora Organics Luxurious Rosehip Oil ($49) counteracts dryness and reverses signs of aging and damage thanks to an antioxidant and essential fatty acid blend that includes nourishing Organic Rosehip Oil, Jasmine, Sea Buckthorn, Rose and Pomegranate Oils.
Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel ($28) combines Camellia Oil, Sea Kelp and Rice Bran Oil to gently cleanse, protect the skin’s moisture barrier, and leave you with a brighter, firmer, more even-toned complexion. Ideal for all skin types.
CapriClear Spray On Natural Moisturizer ($20) is 100% fractionated coconut oil. It's fragrance-free, gentle enough for those with sensitive skin or eczema and immediately improves the appearance of dry, flaky skin, hair, and nail. Continued use can also diminish the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
The Jojoba Company 100% Natural Australian Jojoba ($40) multitasks as a moisturizer and skin soother, makeup remover, hair, scalp, hand and cuticle conditioner. Because human skin "recognizes" it as its own, it's easily absorbed and extremely hydrating.
Josie Maran Argan Oil ($48) has healing, conditioning, and anti-aging properties. Known to help treat acne, soothe eczema and rosacea, help split ends and flyways, soften cuticles, and nourish all skin-types. It's a one-size-fits-all elixir.
Phyto Huile Soyeuse Lightweight Hydrating Oil ($40) is a moisturizing, lightweight treatment oil that instantly absorbs into the hair. Use it before blow drying to soften, tame, and add extreme shine.