If you still think of beauty oils as a sticky, unctuous,Â mess-in-the-making or something that will cause breakouts the moment they touch your skin, it’s time to take another look. The latest offerings blend everything fromÂ potent antioxidants to age-erasingÂ essences and absorbÂ quickly and easily to breathe new life into lackluster skin, hair, and nails. From pure oils to those that have added beauty benefits, there are loadsÂ of options to choose from so you’ll lookÂ your best all season long.
- BUILT-IN ANTIOXIDANT PROTECTION — High in antioxidants, they’ll give you added insurance againstÂ free radical damage.
- CALM & SOOTHE — They’re able to decrease inflammation and soothe sensitized skin. Use before and after exposure to harsh elements or treatments to prevent andÂ lessen discomfort.
- SUPER-HYDRATING — Beauty oils can go deeper into the skin than typical moisturizers. They help prevent moisture loss and keep your skin hydrated and healthy-looking so it looks and acts younger.
- No need to ditch your favorite moisturizer or other products. Simply add aÂ few drops of your oil to your go-to, to boost itsÂ hydration factor and help carry active ingredients deeper into the skin.
- Facial oils should be used after cleansing and toning and before your moisturizer or other facial product. A little goes a long way. Put a few drops on fingertips and gently pressÂ into skin.
- Makeup artists in the know apply oils to damp skin for a dewy, radiant finish.
John Paul Selects' Omega Rich Pure Marula Facial OilÂ ($78) has extremely high antioxidant protection plusÂ fatty acids for prolonged hydration andÂ easy absorption. It diminishes fine lines and wrinkles, can boost other facial products performance and even multitasksÂ as a makeup primer.
BioElements All Things PureÂ Eye OilÂ ($38.50) is a blend of organic plant and essential oils. Use around eyes only or entire face. Formulated with Jojoba, Evening Primrose and Sunflower Seed Oils to soften and smooth, Sesame Seed Oil and Caprylic Triglyceride to moisturize, Tocopherol for antioxidant protection and pure essential oils to calm and soothe.
Kora Organics Luxurious Rosehip OilÂ ($49) counteracts dryness and reverses signs of aging and damage thanks to an antioxidant and essential fatty acid blend that includes nourishing Organic Rosehip Oil, Jasmine, Sea Buckthorn, Rose and Pomegranate Oils.
Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-GelÂ ($28) combines Camellia Oil, Sea Kelp and Rice Bran Oil toÂ gently cleanse, protectÂ the skinâ€™s moisture barrier, and leave you with a brighter, firmer, more even-toned complexion. Ideal for all skin types.
CapriClear Spray On Natural MoisturizerÂ ($20)Â isÂ 100% fractionated coconut oil. It's fragrance-free,Â gentle enough for those with sensitive skin or eczema and immediately improves the appearance of dry, flaky skin, hair, and nail. Continued use can also diminish the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
The Jojoba Company 100% Natural Australian JojobaÂ ($40) multitasks as aÂ moisturizer and skin soother, makeup remover, hair, scalp, hand and cuticle conditioner. Because humanÂ skin "recognizes" itÂ as its own, it's easily absorbed and extremely hydrating.
Josie Maran Argan OilÂ ($48) has healing, conditioning, and anti-aging properties.Â Known to help treatÂ acne, soothe eczema and rosacea, helpÂ split ends and flyways, soften cuticles, and nourish all skin-types. It's a one-size-fits-all elixir.
PhytoÂ Huile Soyeuse Lightweight Hydrating Oil ($40) is a moisturizing,Â lightweight treatment oil that instantly absorbs into the hair. Use it before blow drying to soften, tame, and add extreme shine.