Medical aesthetics continue to evolve as the world of advanced skincare and anti-aging treatments matures. From skin tightening devices to “liquid facelifts,” these new technologies were explored during a robust panel of experts held at the recent HBA Expo in New York City. Entitled “The Present and Future of Medical Aesthetics: Trends from the Clinic to the Jar,” the panel members discussed how non-surgical methods are impacting retail trends and consumers.
“The medical aesthetics category continues to explode as consumers around the world seek the latest in injectables, active cosmetics, skin lightening and at-home devices. The global market is expected to increase more than
We have all heard it a million times before; 80-90% of women have cellulite. Unfortunately, the fact that you are not alone is rarely a comfort to women who look in the mirror and hate the ripples and dimples of cellulite.
Cellulite is caused by bands of fibrous tissue that connect the muscle to the skin. If these bands are tight and the fat between the muscle and the skin is compressed, there will be a cottage cheese or orange peel look to the skin. Cellulite is a decidedly female affliction, stemming primarily from genetic predisposition, a sedentary lifestyle, hormonal changes and weight gain. Since the 1970s, numerous cellulite cures have come and gone, spreading from the bizarre ma
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS