BEAUTY GURU MISHA HUGHES
A paramedical aesthetician – meaning she works with MDs – Misha Hughes is also a product developer. Recently, she brought her valuable insight of current trends in the skincare industry to the development of Xango’s mangosteen-based Glimpse Topical Skin Nutrition and Glimpse Mineral Treatment products. She has worked in the skincare industry for nearly two decades contributing to such brands as SkinCeuticals, Aveda and Physician’s Skin Care. Misha frequently gives presentations on anti-aging skincare solutions and lectures on the efficacy of skincare. Read on as she shares her insights and expertise.
Looking a bit like a cross between a small eggplant and a plum, the exotic mangosteen is one of the latest super fruits to catch the attention of the beauty industry –with good reason. Native to Southeast Asia, the mangosteen is noted for being rich in xanthones and flavonoids, powerful phytonutrients that may promote healthy bodily function, including support of the cardiovascular and immune systems. In addition, its purple rind may possess unprecedented antioxidant properties, among other benefits.
The national fruit of Thailand, the mangosteen features edible white flesh that is sweet, tangy and citrusy with a peach’s flavor and texture. Outside of Southeast Asia, it is most common
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS