Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Just about everyone strives for smooth, fuzz-free skin from the waist down (especially come summer) but shaving, waxing and other depilation methods often come at a price: Ingrown hairs. According to Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey board-certified dermatologist Naana Boakye, M.D., the root cause (no pun intended) of this common problem is the body’s natural reaction to a foreign object. “When shaving, hair is cut on an angle, which creates a sharp tip that often penetrates into the dermis and causes inflammation.” To this end, Dr. Boakye’s top hair-removal recommendations are lasers and threading (she’s not a fan of waxing due to the risk of heat-induced discoloration), but if you jus
Just because summer is over doesn’t mean you will be hiding your legs anytime soon. Smooth, stubble-free legs will still be peaking out from peplum and pencil skirts for a few months to come. With so many options on the market, though, it’s hard to choose a shaving product that works best for you. No need to look puzzled in front of a store shelf. Here, BITB compares gels and creams and lists a few of our favorites, making the job easier for you.
Are You Gelling?
One main advantage of gels is that they tend to be more substantial, which helps the razor glide across the
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE