Years ago, when I was a single mom and too poor to buy a traditional hot oil hair treatment, I warmed some olive oil in a saucepan and poured it over my head. Olive oil has been used for thousands of years for a variety of purposes. Ancient Greeks not only cooked with it, they knew of its healing and beautifying properties.
To make the oil – called nature’s gold – olives are gathered and cleaned, then washed to remove pesticides and ground into paste. The paste is heated and the oil is separated from the water in a centrifuge and stored for use in cooking or commercial products. Here’s a roundup of beauty items made with this all-natural product.
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS