Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
Dr. Dendy Engelman, a board-certified and nationally-acclaimed dermatologic surgeon is widely celebrated for her expertise in neurotoxins, injectable fillers, and chemical peels. Known for her innovative tactics, personable bedside manner, and exceptional results, she has been featured in national magazines, publications, and media appearances regarding her pioneering work in dermatology.
In addition to her practice, Dr. Engelman established and continues to run free medical care clinics in Charleston and Haiti.
BITB spoke with Dr. Engelman about her work as a dermatologic surgeon and wedding season skincare.
1. What inspired you to become a dermatologic surgeon?
Photo Credit: Human+Kind
St. Patrick’s Day goes beyond the parties and the drinks: the feast is celebrated on March 17 in memory of the patron saint of Ireland. While the day celebrates the arrival of Christianity to Ireland, it is now a symbol of Irish culture and heritage.
Ireland’s beauty industry, while still in the cottage phase, is budding, and there are several niche brands that have stellar products. Granted, they’re not household names like L’Oreal or Cover Girl (yet) but the quality and attention to detail makes them deserving of mention. Here are five Irish beauty brands to watch:
Human + Kind
Not only does this brand’s capsule packaging look and feel high-end and as natural as an Irish glen, it
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS