Most skin firming and tightening devices are based on the principle of sending heat to the deeper levels of the skin while protecting and bypassing the outermost layer of the skin. The added benefit of these nonablative skin rejuvenating systems is that there is little or no downtime in the form of scabbing, bruising, swelling and crusting. They heat and tighten loose skin by inducing deeper skin retraction under the skin – so the surface remains intact and you can wear makeup right away.
These devices may utilize a variety of energy including radiofrequency, broad based light, or ultrasound to deliver heat. Areas that can be treated may include the forehead, around the eyelids, lower f
I have old scars from a car accident when I was a child and they never went away. Is there anything that can be done now to make them less noticeable?
Scars are forever, but that doesn’t mean they have to ruin your life. To find out what treatments can work for you, first you need to figure out what kind of scars you have.
Shallow scars resulting from acne and chicken pox can give skin a wavy appearance. Scars that are pigmented, brownish or reddish in color, may respond to Mederma or Bio Oil, over the counter products you can find at the drugstore. Fillers can be used to plum up pitted or ice pick scars, and resurfacing lasers and light devices are well-suited to shallow scars;
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE