Did you know that tanning beds are actually more harmful than regular UV rays?
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) (part of the World Health Organization) recommended that tanning beds be added to the highest cancer risk category – “carcinogenic to humans.” They based their decision on recent research published in The Lancet Oncology that found that one burn in a tanning bed equals 10 to 12 sunburns, and people who use tanning beds before the age of 30 increase their risk for melanoma by 75%. Shockingly, according to the American Academy of Dermatology, 26% of young Americans are still using tanning beds to get a dangerous dose of color.
LA ROCHE POSAY US, the m
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS