Eye infections happen when microorganisms in the form of bacteria, fungi, and viruses invade the eyeball or delicate surrounding areas of the eye like the cornea, membranes, and inner eyelids. The culprits can include contact lenses and mascara – yes, mascara!
Dry crusts, brittle bristles, flakes falling off the brush and other nasties… If you keep your mascara too long, bacteria may just find a breeding ground. According to ophthalmologists, bacteria that are naturally present in the eyes can be transferred into mascara via the wand. Mascara contains preservatives that prevent bacteria from breeding, so it is typically considered to be safe for about three months, which is about the
Hoda, Kathie Lee and Wendy Lewis observe LashDip co-founder Gina Mondragon doing the application process.
Click the above image to be directed to the TODAY Show segment!
On January 3, Beautyinthebag.com founder Wendy Lewis was featured as a beauty expert on the TODAY Show on NBC! Wendy told viewers how they can achieve the hottest beauty trend, alluring eyelashes, with 2011’s “eye-opening” beauty breakthroughs. There are many great products which can help you achieve the seductive, doe-eyed look you desire. Here is a roundup of Wendy’s top picks on the Today Show: (more…)
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS