Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
If you’ve ever colored, highlighted, straightened, heat-styled or had a day of (unprotected) fun in the sun, odds are your hair is at least a little bit damaged. Throw in towels and pillowcases made of unfriendly fabrics, and you have all the ingredients for dry, brittle, breakage-prone strands.
Fret not, because according to Teresa Probst, Color Director at New York City’s Varin Salon, a major haircut isn’t the only way to eliminate hair damage. “Prevention goes a long way for preserving the health of your hair, even if you subject it to chemical processing or thrice-weekly blowouts,” she says. “The keys are to replenish lost moisture and shield your hair from the environment
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS