Tired of muddling through endless options on beauty retail websites? OpenSky.com offers an expert solution on its new beauty channel. The social shopping site has just added 11 experts – from doctors to makeup artist to perfume experts– to pick and showcase products they love and hope you will too.
By creating their own shop, the curators aim to share their insights with OpenSky beauty customers and create a dialogue. Even actress and natural product advocate Alicia Silverstone is a curator on the site.
“People are always, always asking me what’s the best for this or that,” said curator Pati Dubroff, a celebrity makeup artist who has worked with such brands as Dior and Clarin
BEST OF RICKY’S NYC, A BEAUTY EMPORIUM WITH PERSONALITY
A New York institution, Ricky’s NYC may be best known for its vast collection of saucy Halloween costumes, novelties and trashy lingerie than for its amazing selection of hair care, nail care, skin care, bath and body products, makeup and unique grooming tools. It’s like a jam packed beauty emporium where you never know what you may stumble across. Since 1989, with 22 locations: 17 stores in Manhattan, 2 in Brooklyn, 2 in Long Island and one in Miami, many of which also have in-store beauty and hair salons called RevolverSalon, Ricky’s empire is surely growing.
You might stop in just to pick up some some glitter eyelashes,
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS