Hair is huge – maybe not in terms of volume this season, but certainly when it comes to business. So much so, hairdresser Andrew Barton, former winner of British Hairdresser of the Year recently remarked how big the business has become: “Hairdressing employs 1% of the entire British workforce and has a turnover of one billion pounds.” Add to that hair products and the global hair care market is worth $60.82 billion (source: L’Oréal).
So important is this area of beauty, that L’Oréal, the parent company of hair-care brands such as Garnier, Redken, Kerastase and Matrix, has just opened a first-of-its-kind Global Hair Research Centre in Clichy (a Paris suburb) that is exclusively d
Once again, the John Frieda mobile salon tour will be wheeling into a town near you this summer. Kicking off in New York City (Times Square) on Friday, May 13 and Saturday, May 14, the 18-wheeler turned salon on wheels will offer free hair consultations and styling lessons (no cuts or color) on a first-come first served basis.
The complimentary 15-minute sessions will be provided by Harry Josh, celebrity stylist and John Frieda International Creative Consultant, and his team of experts from the John Frieda salons in New York and Los Angeles.
In addition to the style makeovers, the team will advise visitors on hair coloring and the new Precision Foam Colour from John Frieda. Expect
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS