Sleek, glossy strands were, once again, a hot style at the recent runway shows, and for good reason: they can make anyone look more polished and sophisticated. But for those born with unruly, curly hair getting pin-straight locks is no easy feat. Here we break down the two most common in-salon straightening treatments, and what you can do at home to get gorgeous, shiny, frizz-free hair.
Japanese Straightening, also known as thermal reconditioning, was introduced in the U.S. a little over 10 years ago, and works by using chemicals (typically sodium hydroxide and thioglycolate) to break down the internal bonds of the hair, changing its texture. A stylist applies the solution to hair, whic
Getting a Brazilian has taken on a whole new meaning in my life. OBRIGADO!
During a visit to the divine Anushka Cosmedical Centre, Spa and Salon in Palm Beach, where the polo set go for brilliant BOTOX® and master body massages, Anushka insisted on having Shawn dabble with my overprocessed highlights. I sat in his chair as Shawn ran his fingers through my frazzled tresses and exclaimed, “Girl, you need a Brazilian!” I replied in total ignorance, “OMG you want to wax my head?” The rest is history. Before I could say “Nao,” Jill, known as the Pasha of Protein, was swathing my hair in a thick gel. She then flat ironed it slowly and meticulously for what took two hours and told me to s
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS