Photo Credit: Depositphotos.com
All skincare products are not created equal—and using the right ones for your unique challenges and concerns can make a big difference in the overall health and appearance of your skin. Yet with so many ingredients and formulas to choose from, it can be tricky to know where to start.
Lucky for you, we’ve done the legwork. Here are six key ingredients and how to start using them right now.
As we age, our skin begins to lose collagen, which is responsible for a smooth, taut, youthful appearance. Similar to how a grape becomes a raisin, this collagen loss leads to lines, wrinkles and creases. The best line of defense: Vitamin A (the main component of over-the-counter retinols a
When it comes to anti aging, hyaluronic acid has got the chops. This superstar ingredient has many skin supporting benefits when applied topically. It provides antioxidant protection, anti-inflammatory properties, and can plump up your skin like no other. Since the amount of hyaluronic acid in the skin decreases as you age — losing around 50% of what you had in your 20s by the time you’ve hit 50 — it’s important to replenish what you’ve lost. Besides giving your skin’s moisture content the mega-boost it needs, it also strengthens the skin’s outer layers so it looks and feel softer, smoother and plumper. And we all know that soft, smooth, plumped up skin is younger looking skin!
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS