I HAD LASER HAIR REMOVAL AND NOW I HAVE A BROWN MARK ON MY LEG THAT WON’T GO AWAY. WHAT CAN I DO?
It sounds like you might have what is called hyper-pigmentation caused by an increase in the melanocyte cells [cells that cause pigment] This is very common as the laser produces heat which can activate these cells. Only lasers that are color blind are recommended for use on darker/more pigmented skin for this very reason as there is a greater incidence of hyperpigmenation post laser. The way to correct this is to use a product that helps to “calm” the melanocyct activity. HQ or hydroquinone can be used in a non-prescription strength in the US up to 2 %. Over 2% requires a prescrip
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE