You’re in the driver’s seat and beauty companies know it. At a recent symposium sponsored by The Fashion Group International, beauty executives described the ever evolving retail economy, social media universe and consumer values, and the quick lane switching they must follow to keep up. The presentation entitled, “Changing Lanes: New Model, New Distribution, New Beauty World,” took place on May 2, 2012 at the New York Hilton.
“We are losing control of our communication,” stated Mike Indursky, president of spa-product brand Bliss, referring to the power of social media and its viral potential. “There are millions of options to choose from” when choosing a media outlet to
Fabulous and good-for-you beauty products need not break the bank, according to the winning results of SELF magazine’s 2011 Healthy Beauty Awards, featured now in the publication’s May issue. The winners were all selected by SELF readers – more than 2,200 women tested a year’s worth of new beauty products, 1,187 in total, ultimately choosing the best hair, face, makeup, body and sun items.
“Consumers are refusing to pay for things that don’t fulfill a promise of efficacy,” said Elaine D’Farley, SELF beauty director. Products that multi-task, energize, are easy to
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS