Photo Credit: www.lauramercier.com
PRODUCT: Laure Mercier Secret Concealer
Concealer ranks first on my list of desert island products. Without my daily cover up, I look more like a member of a raccoon family than a homo sapien. I have no complaint with my eyes, blue, slightly almond shaped, if on the small size, but those shadows - they have to go. So try as I may to use creams, vitamins, and masks to banish the dark circles (to no avail), concealer is my ultimate tool and friend. As formulations, shades and the weather change, I'm constantly looking for my next great shadow fix.
My latest experiment was with Laura Mercier Secret Concealer ($22) and unfortunately it's not exactly a secret I want to share. A thick viscous cream, ultimately the formulation is too rich and thick to work well as a cover up. It doesn't stay in place, tends to cause my mascara to run and rubs off with the slightest touch of a finger. It probably would set better with an application of powder, but I find that accentuates any lines around the eye area. I have had better luck with other brands such as Paula Dorf and Shiseido. Laura Mercier offers another product called Secret Camouflfage ($28), which has won the Allure magazine Best of Beauty Editors' Choice for Best Concealer in 2009 and 2010. I wish I knew that before I purchased the other disappointing product.
BY WAY OF: PURCHASED
Would you buy it again? NO
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS