Few of us can afford to sit around all day at the nail salon, so thankfully there are do-it-yourself options from brands as well-known as Essie to the newcomer we love, Ciate. While 2013 was a year filled with vibrant color, it also has given us pop-inspired nail art such as Tom Bachik’s designs that Zooey Deschanel rocked at the Golden Globes (the Film Strip moment). But plain colors, and solids including the luscious red from Chanel’s Holiday 2013 Collection (Rouge Rubis) were quite popular in 2013, so a bling-y version of some dependable solids from the year would be an a-okay way to ring in 2014.
Here are three beautiful and elegant ways to kick off 2014, as far as digits are concerne
Photo Credit: Serendipity from nail Advent Calendar
“Nail art” could have been the beauty words of 2013 (the real word was “selfie”). This holiday season, the British brand Ciate is taking nail art to dizzying heights, setting the creativity bar extremely high and encouraging competition from other brands.
Photo Credit: Ciate
Ciate’s popular Mini Mani Month advent calendar of tiny nail polishes is true candy box for nails: 24 days of mini Paint Pots, glitter sprinkles, custom sequin blends, caviar pearls, and one full-size Paint Pot that will keep every manicurista busy. For only $58, your giftee will receive more paint pots than the number of shoes in her closet. The packaging, a fair-isle sweater print, is so wintry and cozy.
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS