George Papanikolas knows hair and he knows coloring. He knows what is going to look natural, frame your face and make your eyes stand out. He also knows what’s not going to work and will ultimately damage your mane.
It’s a gift, and one that has made Papanikolas among the most sought after colorists in Hollywood, Manhattan and Dubai. Using the French, freehand technique called Balayage, he creates natural-looking, sun-kissed color for all-comers. He divides his time between Los Angeles, at the Andy Lecompte Salon; New York City, at the Rita Hazan Salon; and Dubai at the Belle Femme Salon. Papanikolas is also the celebrity stylist for Matrix.
He was in New York City for a fashio
Blame it on Coco Chanel. The legendary style maker kicked off the modern tanning craze back in 1923 when she stepped off a cruise ship in Cannes with a deep, dark tan. Unfortunately, tanning then was no safer than it is today 87 years later.
Ultraviolet radiation from the sun causes 90% of the most common skin cancers, namely basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation. And astoundingly, one in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime, and that includes the potentially deadly melanoma, the most common form of cancer for young adults 25 to 29 years old.
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS