Photo Credit: kerastem.com
Injections of stem cell-enriched fat may help reverse hair loss.
At least that is what an active US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) study of the Kerastem Hair Therapy hopes to show. The treatment is already CE mark approved for people with hair loss outside the United States.
Hair transplants and other treatments that promote hair regrowth or stop hair loss do exist, but each available method has its share of risks and downsides. Stem cell-based treatments like Kerastem Hair Therapy, if validated, may be game changers for the close 80 million people in the US with hereditary thinning or baldness.
The term ‘stem cell’ and ‘stem cell cure’ are bandied about, and there has
Reprinted from http://www.healthnewsdigest.com
Fat Grafting is Making a Major Comeback!
By Healthnewsdigest’s Beauty Columnist Wendy Lewis
Cytori Therapeutics introduced PureGraft 250, a revolutionary next generation fat grafting system and the only device in the United States FDA approved for aesthetic body contouring using autologous fat. The PureGraft system is designed for removing and preparing a patient’s own fat tissues for re-injection, it can be used to add volume to facial areas such as cheeks, tear troughs, chin and jowls, as well as reshaping the breasts and enhancing the buttocks.
Up until now, fat grafting methods and results varied widely among practitioners. Commo
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS