Some women will do it until they bleed, and can no longer walk without pain. While others may just feel ashamed during a pedicure or when wearing sexy, sling-back sandals. We are talking about dry, cracked heels and the women (or men) who pick at them.
“It is one of those secret addictions or compulsions,” says Suzanne M. Levine, DPM, a podiatrist at the Institute Beauté in New York City. “We can see rips and tears that don’t coincide with blisters or seem to be related to increased pressure on the heel,” she says.
And yes, it’s a cosmetic concern, but this habit can also increase risk for infections and may be a red flag for more serious psychiatric issues such as
Photo Credit: Glytone
Sometimes I need to be reminded that beautifying doesn’t stop at the neck. Ever since I can remember, I have suffered from rough heels and elbows, but always tend to ignore them. Well, now thanks to Glytone, I have met my match – the new Glytone Ultra Heel and Elbow Pamper Kit ($72).
Composed of the brand’s Exfoliating Body Wash, Ultra Heel and Elbow Cream, pumice stone and cozy socks, the kit has stopped my embarrassment about showing my feet and elbows, even in summer. Both protects contain high concentrations of key ingredient Glycolic Acid, which acts quickly to exfoliate dry, coarse and dead skin.
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS