Retail sales enjoyed a long needed boost this holiday season, but when it comes to anti-aging beauty products, affluent women are still looking to cut costs, according to Prevention magazine’s 2010 annual “Defy Your Age” study.
Of the 1,500 women in the study, 27% said they look to pay less on products they already buy, 16% changed brands and 14% stopped using a product altogether due to cost.
Most women see a difference between eye cream, day cream and body cream brands, but fewer are willing to pay for a high priced product. Only 35% of the women surveyed said they would pay premium for eye cream, while 32% would pay top dollar for a day cream.
But being dollar savvy
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS