Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
As many as 16 million Americans suffer from rosacea, and despite being such a common skin disorder, much remains to be learned about its causes and dermatologists continue to explore new treatments. In fact, a new rosacea classification system was published earlier this year—and this new approach to diagnosis and treatment focuses more on a patient’s unique symptoms, rather than predetermined subtypes based on groupings of specific rosacea signs.
According to dermatologist Dr. Jeanine Downie of Image Dermatology in Montclair, New Jersey, the main upside of this updated classification system is the list of associated disorders and diseases that can accompany rosacea. “This is helpfu
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS