Tazarotene is in the retinoid family (think Retin-A® and its many cousins) and has been shown to have advantages in reversing sun damage, improving lines and wrinkles, as well as treating psoriasis. It is also highly effective for controlling acne. You may have already heard of this multi-tasking wonder drug under the brand names of – Avage® 1.0% Cream and Tazorac® which comes in 0.5% and 1.0% cream and gel formulations (Allergan).
Well the big news about Tazarotene is that Stiefel, a GSK company, submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for Tazarotene foam for the topical treatment of facial acne vulgaris in patients 12 years of age or o
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS