Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Are you obsessed with the size of your pores?
You are not alone. Far from it.
A survey of nearly 2,000 women by L’Oreal Paris found that 45% of women would change the size of their pores if they could, and almost a third say they’re more worried about pore size than wrinkles.
It’s called Porexia and if these numbers are right, it’s something of an epidemic.
“Porexia is the term for an unusual concern over pore size,” explains Christopher W Robb, MD, PhD a Nashville, Tenn-dermatologist.“Pore enlargement is not a disease, it’s a cosmetic concern.” Pores tend to appear bigger when they become clogged with dirt, oil and bacteria.
Some women are so hyper-consumed wi
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS