Photo Credit: Depositphotos
Copper was lauded for its anti-microbial benefits as far back as ancient times, and the first mention of its medicinal use for sterilizing wounds and drinking water appeared in the Smith Papyrus, an Egyptian medical text written between 2600 and 2200 B.C. Greek, Roman, Aztec and other civilizations used copper for hygienic purposes as well, so it was only a matter of time until this metal found its way into modern skincare and beauty products.
Copper can be found in various forms depending on the purpose of the product. Copper peptides are widely used in age-reversing products due to their ability to stimulate the antioxidant enzyme called superoxide dismutase (SOD). This mineral also wor
It’s rare to see an established beauty company launch a completely new brand, but that’s what Pond’s Institute has done with Iluminage, a concept that incorporates devices, skin care, and even an anti-aging pillow case.
The Iluminage Skin Firming Laser, the first at-home laser that is FDA-cleared to reduce wrinkles around the mouth and eyes, is a cornerstone of the launch. It’s clinically proven to deliver results, but at $595, this laser may be out of reach for some. Thankfully, the brand has developed the complementary Iluminage Youth Cell Skincare collection.
The 4-product range draws inspiration from a new discovery by Pond’s Institute scientists who have decoded DNA pathways tha
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS