As Hanukkah is celebrated around the world this week, oil has a very special significance. But to a bystander like myself, I have never been sure as to—why?
“The real miracle of Hanukkah is that the Jewish army won the war against the Greeks,” explains Devon Portney, a former Hebrew teacher. “When they returned to the desecrated temple, they wanted to purify it by burning the remaining oil in the candelabra. But there was only enough oil to last for one day, but somehow it lasted for eight, which is why we celebrate for eight days.”
Oil not only has huge religious significance at this time of year—traditional Hanukkah fried food is quite irresistible, latke’s anyone—i
The days of brushing your hair 100 times each night are long gone; nevertheless everyone needs a good hair brush. For this week’s GORGEOUS GIVEAWAY, we have 3 Angelo David Classic, Handcrafted Paddle Brushes (a $65 value) to give to our lucky winners.
Featuring naturally conditioning boar bristles and gently separating nylon bristles, the brush helps promote healthy hair while it stimulates the scalp. During styling or brushing, the bristles penetrate to the hair roots, evenly distributing natural oils and gently smoothing the cuticle, leaving hair with a healthy sheen.
The brush has double-cushioned, flexible padding that adjusts to the contours of the scalp. Precise bristle placeme
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS