The beauty industry is mourning the loss of Horst Rechelbacher, environmentalist, author, hairstylist, and founder of Aveda and Intelligent Nutrients. He died on February 15, 2014 in Minneapolis at the age of 72, after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2011. His creation of Aveda in 1978, which was inspired by Indian ayurvedic therapies, ushered in a new natural product consciousness in the world of beauty.
Reckelbacher was born in Klagenburt, Austria to an herbalist and shoemaker/designer. His childhood apartment was located across the street from a hair salon and by the age of 14, he became a hairstylist apprentice.
At age 17, he moved to Rome to work in a high-profile salo
Dermatology and the beauty industry have lost one of their great innovators. Sheldon Pinnell, MD, dermatologist and scientist, passed away on July 4 at the age of 76. His breakthrough investigative research on the uses of topical antioxidants lead to the founding of cosmeceutical company SkinCeuticals in 1994.
Dr. Pinnell was the first person to patent a stable form of vitamin C, which was proven through peer-reviewed research to effectively penetrate that skin and deliver eight times the skin’s natural antioxidant protection. The antioxidant benefits of vitamin C help the skin defend itself against sun damage as well as other aggressors.
“Prior to the introduction of topical vitam
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS