Thousands of New England high school and college students are expected to pledge to stay out of tanning beds this spring break and prom season. For the fourth year in a row, the Melanoma Foundation of New England is sponsoring Your Skin Is In, a non-tanning pledge contest at colleges and high schools throughout New England. Last year, 5,500 high school students participated and the foundation expects to surpass that number in 2011.
“If you use a tanning booth once a month before the age of 35, your chance of getting melanoma increases by 75%,” stated Kelli Pedroia, wife of Red Sox star Dustin Pedroia and official spokesperson for Your Skin Is In. “Melanoma is the second most com
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS