Photo Credit: matrix.com
So you’ve found the perfect colorist to give you just the right hair shade of brown, red or blonde to complement your skin tone. She (or he) is not cheap, but worth every penny. So what’s the best way to preserve that color between visits to the salon? Are color-protecting shampoos the way to go, or are they just another means for parting with your hard-earned cash?
Many experts contend that color-protecting shampoos not only extend the life of one’s color, they help maintain gloss and shine as well. Furthermore, color-treated hair is always in need of a moisture fix: in this respect, it’s a bit like the bushman in the desert on the hunt for some hydration. Specially formulated to enhan
Spring showers may bring May flowers, but it’s awfully tough on hair if you tend toward frizzy, like I do. One of my favorite television stylists, Nick Arrojo – he is the former stylist on TLC’s “What Not To Wear” and owner/founder of ARROJO studio in New York City – has the following tips for taming those frizzies and flyaway locks.
Tip #1: Get The Right Hair Cut
Go for a strong shape that is easy to maintain every day. A cut that is short to mid-length with a good solid shape will suit extremely frizzy hair perfectly, be it curly, straight or grey. Cuts like this won’t alter your hair texture, but will make it more manageable to control frizz.
Tip #2: Style with A Sili
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS