The late, great comedian and writer Nora Ephron absolutely hated her neck. She actually named a book after it – I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman (2006, Knopf).
It’s why her signature look was a black Chanel turtleneck. “Our faces are lies and our necks are the truth. You have to cut open a redwood tree to see how old it is, but you wouldn’t if it had a neck,” she wrote.
I get it – especially now that I spend so much time on Zoom and Facetime – and am forced to notice my neck on a daily basis. It’s not terrible and I’m not ready for major surgery yet, but there is definitely some room for improvement on and around my neck and décolleté.
Let’s face it ladies. Right around the age of 40, we all start to see changes in our lower face and neck. Skin gets lax and crepey, and loses some of its firmness and resiliency, and that crisp and well-defined profile angle we could always count on is no more. We see it in photos, and thus, go to great lengths to camouflage it, with filters, Photoshop, scarves and turtlenecks. It isn’t pretty.
ALASTIN’s new Restorative Neck Complex helps correct these signs of aging, resulting in a firmer, more elastic, and smoother appearance of the neck and décolletage and a more even skin tone. This breakthrough treatment is formulated to address the most common age-related changes below the chin and
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS