Boom Boom Brow Bar, the go-to spot for expert tweezing, plucking and waxing in New York City, wants to give breast cancer survivors…and strugglers a boost. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, during all of October, the Greenwich Village shop will give FREE eyebrow waxes to women who have overcome or are coping with breast cancer.
“These women are rock stars as far as I’m concerned, and it’s the least I can do to help them feel their best brow-wise,” stated Boom Boom (aka Malynda Vigliotti), owner of Boom Boom Brow Bar.
In addition to brow care, Boom Boom offers a full menu of facial and body waxing treatments, makeup application, and brow and eyelash tinting. You can
Photo Credit: EsteeLauder.com
Pink is the new black during October as beauty brands roll out Pink Ribbon products to support Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) month. The effort dates back to a 1985 partnership between the American Cancer Society and AstraZeneca, the pharmaceutical company behind Tamoxifen, arguably the world’s most popular breast cancer treatment. The month of October became associated with raising awareness of this disease and beauty brands became more involved as the years went on.
Breast cancer affects nearly all of us at some level. Statistics show that 1 in 8 U.S. women (just under 12%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime. While the number of cases has definitely dec
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE