We have all heard it a million times before; 80-90% of women have cellulite. Unfortunately, the fact that you are not alone is rarely a comfort to women who look in the mirror and hate the ripples and dimples of cellulite.
Cellulite is caused by bands of fibrous tissue that connect the muscle to the skin. If these bands are tight and the fat between the muscle and the skin is compressed, there will be a cottage cheese or orange peel look to the skin. Cellulite is a decidedly female affliction, stemming primarily from genetic predisposition, a sedentary lifestyle, hormonal changes and weight gain. Since the 1970s, numerous cellulite cures have come and gone, spreading from the bizarre ma
There are many more variables than just lines and wrinkles when considering the facial rejuvenation offered by fillers and Botox. For example, components of facial aging include pigment changes, loss of elasticity, muscle sagging and bone and fat loss, explained dermatologist Dr. Heidi Waldorf at last Saturday’s presentation entitled, “The Aging Face: Looking Beyond the Wrinkles,” part of the Face Forward Program held in New York City.
With age, the structural support of the face changes and diminishes. The supporting structures are no longer there so the skin hangs. This is where fillers can help, but there is a lot to know before jumping into treatment. For example there are at leas
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS