Photo Credit: canva.com
As injectable fillers themselves continue to improve, so do injection techniques. A syringe with a needle has long been doctors’ go-to implement for filling lines, restoring facial volume and enhancing the lips, but injection via cannula has gained momentum—and Galderma’s Restylane Lyft has joined Restylane Silk as the second hyaluronic acid filler approved for injection with this tool.
Dermatologist Dr. Anne Chapas of Union Square Laser Dermatology in New York City explains, “A cannula does not have a sharply pointed tip like a needle, the tip is more like a ballpoint pen. Instead of tearing or puncturing tissues, the cannula glides through the tissue causing less trauma. Patients
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS