One of the hottest beauty treatment categories on the scene is the taming of overactive sweat glands. This trend began with A-listers getting Botoxed under their arms to avoid staining their couturier gowns on the Red Carpet. miraDry offers a variation on that theme with an innovative microwave technology that destroys your sweat glands in just two sessions.
So why do we sweat? It isn’t just some evil plan devised to ruin a silk blouse (or stain a wifebeater). When you get hot and sweaty, the moisture evaporates and cools you down. Emotions can affect the sweat glands too, which accounts for why you sweat up a storm when you get nervous, anxious, or flustered. When sweat makes con
Practicing both medical and cosmetic dermatology, Anne Chapas is the founder and medical director of Union Square Laser Dermatology in New York City. As a dermatological surgeon as well as a dermatologist, she specializes in laser surgery, Mohs micrographic surgery for the treatment of skin cancers and cosmetic procedures.
Her goal is to apply the latest scientific research with a thoughtful human touch – an approach recognized by Elle magazine, which named her a “beauty genius” for her state-of-the-art use of lasers and energy devices.
Dr. Chapas is internationally recognized for her laser and dermatological procedures and is certified by the American Board of Dermatology in a
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS