Lasers and ultrasound-based skin rejuvenation devices are great and get the job done, but they come with a lot of downtime and some pain, says Marina I. Peredo, MD, a Manhattan-based dermatologist. “They also do nothing for skin laxity,” she says.
That’s why Dr. Peredo is so excited about Cutera’s Secret RF, a microneedling device powered by radiofrequency energy. “It’s my new favorite toy.” Dr. Peredo made her comments at a media breakfast held at Skinfluence, her Park Avenue office.
Microneedling uses tiny needles to create tiny holes in skin, which stimulate your skin’s natural healing process i.e. the production of collagen, the main building block of healthy, yo
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS