Photo Credit: facebook.com/SmashboxCosmetics
Newsflash: You don’t need a bag full of products to create myriad makeup looks if you’re willing to get a little creative. Whether you want to rock a glossy lid (without buying anything new) or seriously streamline your application process, the key is thinking outside the box—so we turned to makeup artist and Creative Director at Mehron Makeup, Stephanie Koutikas, for a few pointers—and pulled together a list of our multitasking favorites.
“Clear gloss is everything! It’s so on-trend to apply it on the eyelids over eyeshadow, or can be worn alone for a wet finish. Clear gloss can also be applied to the cheeks to give it a nice dewy skin finish.”
“You can change a look
As the first out of the gate, the New York runway shows set the scene for Spring/Summer 2014 as a season of polished glamour, sleek ponytails, ballerina bands, and gleaming, supernatural. London’s take for SS14 was a bit bolder with tangerine lips, blue eyes, and edgy romance.
Reporting from London Fashion Week, Yanar Alkayat rounds up the key beauty and hair looks straight from the SS14 runways. But why wait until then, there’s nothing stopping you from trialling the trends right now…
The Show: Burberry Prorsum SS14
The Look: Petal lids and pastel nails for all-over femininity. The makeup complemented the mood of the collection, which, according to chief creat
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS