Mary P. Lupo, MD, remembers exactly where she was and what she was doing when the first filler received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The year was 1983, and the filler was Zyderm collagen. She knew it was the beginning of something big, and asked her then supervisor to incorporate injections into the core curriculum via a resident cosmetic clinic.
Lupo, a board-certified dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, was right and remains on the front lines of minimally invasive cosmetic surgery to this day. Now, some three decades later, Zyderm and other collagen-based fillers have been usurped by a
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS