Origins wants you to have a “green” Christmas. For the second year, the eco-forward beauty brand has partnered with influential leaders in sustainability and eco-friendly living to create short videos that offer socially conscious holiday tips. The first video in the Origins 2012 Eco-Chic Holiday Series features Marie Claire Sustainable Fashion Editor Amanda Hearst, who takes viewers inside the legendary Marie Claire fashion closet to discuss the latest in ethical fashions. Perfect holiday gift options include salmon-skin clutches from Osklen, fluorescent purses from Juicy Couture—an alternative to leather—and sweaters and skirts from ethical fashion brand Edun, which donates a por
It’s a mobile world out there and now you can get beauty tips and advice anywhere, anytime. A search on the social app superstore appitalism.com reveals 410 beauty apps and new ones are added all the time. Apps provide hair, skin and makeup tips in real time as well as offer discounts and coupons in addition to shopping and appointment booking advice. Here’s a look at some of our favorites.
Hair Cast – Free for Android – Enter your hair type, and this app will use GPS data to provide a daily “forecast” about how the weather will affect your hair. It wi
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS