We live in an app world, and L’Oréal Paris has just taken a quantum leap in the category of makeup apps. Launching in late June, the L’Oréal Makeup Genius app will let you see—in real time—how different makeup looks, created by a makeup artist, look on you, and how a precise product, shade, or texture would look.
An instantaneous transformation will be at your fingertips, or rather your iPhone or iPad. Using your device’s frontfacing camera, your face will appear on the screen, ready for you to start playing. You can choose from a ½ dozen looks designed by L’Oréal Paris Consulting Celebrity Makeup Artist Billy B. Try the Butterfly Eye, it’s exaggerated and quite fun
It’s a mobile world out there and now you can get beauty tips and advice anywhere, anytime. A search on the social app superstore appitalism.com reveals 410 beauty apps and new ones are added all the time. Apps provide hair, skin and makeup tips in real time as well as offer discounts and coupons in addition to shopping and appointment booking advice. Here’s a look at some of our favorites.
Hair Cast – Free for Android – Enter your hair type, and this app will use GPS data to provide a daily “forecast” about how the weather will affect your hair. It wi
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS