IS FOUNDATION THE NEW LIPSTICK?
2009 may just mark an end to the highly touted ‘Lipstick Index.” For those unfamiliar with this old marketing adage, it goes something like this; “when times are tough, the tough buy lipstick,” indicating that women tend to spend money on perks that will make them feel beautiful or happy even when they are in dire straits. However, lipstick sales dropped 5.8 percent during 2008, according to Kline & Co, while liquid foundation sales grew 2.5 percent.
What does all this mean? Well, for starters, when the economy is in the toilet, people start counting their pennies and doing without. For women, that means fashion and food. Shelter is off the table. But
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS