Photo Credit: pexels.com
Yoga is showing up everywhere these days. Large and small studios are popping up across the map with legions of devotees carting their mats to and from their favorites all day long. One in seven U.S. adults practiced yoga in the past 12 months, according to statistics from the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health,and they percentage of people who practice yoga grew from 2007 to 2012 and again from 2012 to 2017.
The reasons for yoga’s popularity are manifold. Regardless of the style, Yoga –which emphasizes physical postures, breathing and meditation- confers many mental and physical health benefits.
In honor of National Yoga Awareness Month, Beauty in the Bag r
Photo Credit: laurenharris
Walk the streets of Manhattan at any time of the day or night and you are bound to see a handful of men and women clutching a colorful yoga mat that’s rolled neatly and tightly under their arms as they dash through town in search of a fix. For these devotees, a day without yoga is not an option. These yogis are oh-so-dedicated and will travel near and far to strike the perfect asana whether downward-facing dog, warrior pose or a handstand with the City’s top yoga gurus.
Lauren Harris is one of most sought out members of this elite group of yogis. Known as the “best handstand teacher ever,” Harris is a former attorney who offers classes throughout Manhattan at various A-list stud
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS