A few months ago, my teenage daughter was getting ready for a friend’s party. When she walked out of her room, I was not happy. My gorgeous girl had covered up her naturally radiant complexion with foundation that looked like a mask and sapped every bit of life out of her skin. As her mom I was able to send her into the bathroom to scrub it off, but as a beauty writer I knew it was time to teach my daughter a lesson. Literally.
She’s at that age where she doesn’t need to do anything more than add a touch of under eye concealer to hide the telltale signs of a Gossip Girl marathon or face-timing session late into the night…but, she’s also at that age where she wants to feel grown up enoug
With approximately 40 million Americans suffering from seasonal allergies, chances are that more than a few BITB readers are among them. Sneezing and wheezing your way through Spring is not so pretty. Signs of this can include congestion, itchy, red, swollen or watery eyes and many other less-than-desirable symptoms.
To reduce your exposure to pollen and other seasonal triggers:
Remove your shoes and change your clothing upon entering your home.
Shower and wash your hair before bedtime.
Sleep with the windows closed and use an air purifier in your bedroom and the rooms you inhabit most.
Wear sunglasses when outdoors.
Besides feeling under-the-weather, allergies can really t
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS