Photo Credit: drmofid.com
Mona Mofid, MD, is not your typical dermatologist – and that’s what makes her one of the greats. The La Jolla, Calif-based skin care expert doesn’t know how to inject botulinum toxin, and has no interest in learning. Instead, Mofid is all about preventing and treating skin cancer.
Mofid, who is known as Dr. Mona, received her medical degree at The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and completed her training at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. During her training, a multidisciplinary melanoma group convened weekly – and that group as well as the patients that the team treated – are what inspired her to devote much of her practice to preventing and treating skin cancers.
Photo Credit: skinmedica.com
I recall the first time I met Dr. Richard Fitzpatrick, known by everyone in dermatology and medical aesthetics around the world as just “FITZ”. It was at a cosmeceuticals conference that I had organized in New York City and his lovely and devoted wife Betsy was there by his side, as always. I considered it such an honor and a privilege that a man of his stature would come all the way from sunny La Jolla to join the faculty of our little 2-day event in cloudy midtown Manhattan. For me, it was a special day.
From that day forward, I saw him at numerous AAD, ASDS and other conferences. I often tried to say hello but he was usually surrounded by hoards of fans and well wishers. Everyone alw
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS