Board-certified dermatologist, Internet entrepreneur, and skincare brand pioneer, Craig Kraffert, MD, is committed to creating healthy and beautiful skin on many levels. First, as owner of Redding Derm, he operates the largest dermatology practice in northernmost California. Second, he founded DermStore.com, the hugely successful online resource for hard-to-find skincare products, which he sold in 2007. And most recently, as president of Amarte, a luxury skincare line, he has combined the heritage of traditional Korean skincare with cutting-edge technology.
Dr. Kraffert’s commitment and passion for dermatology is evident in all aspects of his life. Here, he shares a few of his insight
No matter how many new skincare products hit store shelves, there will always be room for a new wrinkle fighter. In Asia, skincare is revered, practically to the point of worship and one of the exalted leaders is Korea’s brand, Sulwhasoo.
Even the name, Sulwhasoo, is emblematic of healthy skin. The Korean translation means “snowflower,” which is a flower that blooms even in the harshest of circumstances. Like the seabuckthorn that thrives in dry, desert-like conditions, the snowflower blooms even when severe winter hits, and is a traditional symbol of women’s inner strength and spring-like resilience.
The snowflower may have been the inspiration for the name, but
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS