Keloid and hypertrophic scars may have emotional effects as well as physical ramifications. They can turn up as red, widened, raised and thickened scars that often appear on the ears, neck and other parts of the body and can be unsightly as well as uncomfortable. Although darker skin types are more susceptible to forming thick scars and keloid scars, it can happen to anyone and it is usually unpredictable. Some of the causes of keloid scars can be as benign as ear piercing or piercing in other places, insect bites, acne, and even minor cuts and scrapes, if you are one of the unlucky ones prone to forming nasty scars. Breast reductions, lifts, and enhancements, tummy tucks and facelifts can
Cosmetic surgical procedures have come a long way baby with advanced techniques minimizing the resulting scars. But nonetheless, minimal as they may be, scars are an inevitable result of plastic surgery. Here we review bioCorneum with SPF 30, an advanced silicone treatment that reduces the appearance of scars while protecting them from further damage. Used for the prevention and management of hypertrophic – raised and red – scars and keloids, bioCorneum, is perfect for post-surgery protection and is even effective on old scars.
Reportedly, the only 100% silicone scar t
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS