Skin is our largest organ, so what’s happening on the surface is also going to effect what is going on under the skin, internally. In fact, new studies are pointing to a link between a compromised skin barrier (atopic dermatitis and eczema) and the development of allergies that can get worse throughout childhood and beyond.
According to New Jersey Allergist & Immunologist Tina Zecca, DO, there is a lot that parents can do to help safe-guard their kids’ skin; “The skin makes up most of our body and immunologically it is such an important mediator in terms of immune response,” says Dr. Zecca. “If you look at it as a window to the body, when skin is cracked and compromised, it al
MEET THE MUSICAL DERM
An accomplished musician (she received her B.A. Magna Cum Laude from Boston’s Berklee College of Music), Dr. Hellman decided to switch gears and pursue a medical career. She has been treating New Yorkers’ various skincare and aesthetic concerns in her Central Park South private practice since 1993 with a warm bedside manner. Dr. Hellman still credits the the fine motor skills she developed during her musical training as key in performing her surgical and aesthetic procedures.
What advice do you give to patients to maintain beautiful, healthy skin?
An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cure. Good basic skin care with the pr
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS