Photo Credit: canva.com
As injectable fillers themselves continue to improve, so do injection techniques. A syringe with a needle has long been doctors’ go-to implement for filling lines, restoring facial volume and enhancing the lips, but injection via cannula has gained momentum—and Galderma’s Restylane Lyft has joined Restylane Silk as the second hyaluronic acid filler approved for injection with this tool.
Dermatologist Dr. Anne Chapas of Union Square Laser Dermatology in New York City explains, “A cannula does not have a sharply pointed tip like a needle, the tip is more like a ballpoint pen. Instead of tearing or puncturing tissues, the cannula glides through the tissue causing less trauma. Patients
Known as a revision and ethnic rhinoplasty specialist, Dr. Paul Nassif of Beverly Hills uses his skill as an artist and a surgeon to shape the nose to fit the face. He also is known for his endoscopic surgical work, having developed a procedure called “The Anti-Gravity Facelift,” which leaves no visible scars and achieves natural-looking results with minimal recovery time. Dedicated to helping less fortunate patients, Dr. Nassif gives his time to numerous charitable organizations, including Face to Face, a national program that provides reconstructive surgery to victims of domestic violence.
What trends are you seeing in the type
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS