Photo Credit: periodictable.com
When you hear the word “copper” chances are your mind goes to pennies, therapeutic bracelets or the metallic color, not anti-aging skincare products. But this power-packed ingredient has taken the beauty world by storm. Copper is actually an essential mineral believed to play a crucial role in the function of healthy skin. The presence of copper in the body is linked to the synthesis of collagen and elastin plus clinical research shows copper can be very effective for wound healing.
Benefits of Copper in Skincare:
It’s anti-aging due to its ability to boost collagen and elastin production, thereby firming skin and diminishing lines and wrinkles.
It helps prevent free radical dam
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE